[pct-l] NOBO hiker hittin the trail Jun. 6ish

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:02:55 CST 2011

Go soutbound!

The usual start date for a sobo hike is around June 15th... right when
you're looking to leave.  That way you won't have to flip-flop.  Sobo hiking
isn't for everyone (you have to be a "fast" hiker... average about 25 mi/day
and take fewer zeros).

check out:
http://planyourhike.com/planning/southbound.php
for the specific differences between a nobo and sobo hike.

That's my recommendation -- unless you aren't comfortable trying to finish
the hike in just 4.5 months.... some people feel rushed at that speed.

Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"*Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a
fruit salad.*"
-Proverb