[pct-l] Partner

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:36:55 CST 2011

If you start within a couple weeks of the KO, you won't be alone. :)
Unless you choose to be that is. ;)

If you are that worried, you should just plan to start at the KO and meet
someone there. The commonly accepted wisdom is, unless your bond with this
person is stronger than your desire to complete the hike, you will not stay
together. Different hiking speeds or desire for more zeros will eventually
have you parting company, even if you happen to get along famously. I'm not
a thru hiker yet (81 days!), but most hikers talk about sort of drifting
through many loose knit groups during the course of the trail.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm sure you will hear the same advice
from others.