[pct-l] Section N

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:08:22 CDT 2011

I read on PCTA.org's trail conditions in Section N that hikers have had a
bad time crossing Kings Creek in Lassen Park.  I just heard from Don't Panic
who said he and Wing It took the Summit Lake trail north from highway 36
through Lassen and had a much easier time.  I saw them in Chester 2 days ago
and they are already at Cache 22 on the Hat Creek Rim.

I also spoke with 2 section hikers today, Cisco and Roadrunner, who said
there was a lot of deep snow from Belden to highway 36.  They didn't
recommend it yet. Don't Panic and Wing It took the Caribou Road past Butt
Lake on forest roads from Belden to Chester avoiding the snow.

Piper's Mom