[pct-l] PCT Thru-Hike Southbound

Tavin Cope tavinc253 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:04:30 CDT 2011

Hello Hikers,
I've been seriously debating/ researching thru hiking the pct starting
around Sept. 1 2011 southbound. I've completed several ultramarathons, some
of which include one day pushes around st.helens, hood, and a two day trip
on the wonderland trail (rainier). On the pct, like the other hikes Ive done
I'd like to complete it ultralight and (fairly) fast 3-4 months. I realize
that the pct is nothing compared to what Ive done, and that I have less than
optimal preperation time. My question for the experienced masses, is this a
difficult and daring plan, or just plain stupid? My two main concerns at
this point are 1) weather and trail conditions in the fall months,
especially in the sierras with the oncoming of snow and cold weather. The
other obviously, 2) my resupply strategy and what resupply points are
crucial. Any information on these concerns/ questions would be invaluable to
me. Thank you.
Happy Trails
tavinc253 at gmail.com