[pct-l] Question

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jul 15 19:08:05 CDT 2011

Maybe it's easier what NOT to recommend. I don't recommend any of the
following for your August hike:

- Anything south of Cottonwood Pass
- Anything between Lassen National Park and Burney Falls State Park
- The section between White Pass and Snoqualmie Pass in Washington
- The John Muir Trail section (you said you wanted not too crowded)

Everything else is delightful. And everything on the above list
(except the section I mentioned in Washington which is only awful
because of the clear-cuts and overgrown trail) is lovely, just not in
August or to meet your requirements for solitude.

Diane