[pct-l] Preferred Tent

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 01:38:04 CDT 2011

Diane - That's not true - you can't just lump most thru-hikers into one box
and most section hikers into a different box.

Yes, many thru-hikers use Tarptent, Gossamer, Six Moon Designs, etc.  But
there are a lot of thru-hikers who choose tents up to three pounds.  There's
nothing wrong with that.  And 2 pounds 3 ounces is pretty darned light for a
full-on double-wall *tent*.

For the hiker who wants to carry just that kind of tent, the Big Agnes
Seedhouse is ultralight.  It might not be considered an ultralight
*shelter*, but it is an ultralight *double-wall tent*.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

Briana - keep those questions coming!

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com