[pct-l] Over the Falls

Melissa Rexilius melissa.rexilius at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:38:00 CDT 2011

Perhaps it is cold-hearted for the harsh comments about the stupidity of the hikers, but let it be so.

Having been to the top of Vernal Falls earlier this month I can't imagine crossing the guard rail. Lapse of judgement with severe consequences gets a harsh response. My heart does not bleed for these people. For their family, absolutely.

But more so for the SAR who has to put their lives on the line to scoop their bodies out of the Merced when they turn up, if ever. They are putting SAR lives in danger, and that's not ok in my book. Not to mention the people who will be forever traumatized having watched them go over the falls after pleading with them to heed safety warnings.

t.Rex