[pct-l] Bag/Quilt Warmth

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Jul 26 13:26:10 CDT 2011

Here's a related question...

Has anybody thought about how a bag used from the start, about a month in at
KM, since it has been compressed daily for all that time and gotten dirty
and oily during nightly use, will have a worse temperature rating than when
they started and this is at the very place where hikers need a bag rated for
colder temps as they go up into the high sierra snow?

Might be a good place to bring in a new, colder rated bag?

Have any previous thrus noticed that they were sleeping colder once they
left KM and before they hit the snow because the nighttime temps were colder
there?

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education