[pct-l] Southbound from Stevens pass?

shon mcganty smcganty at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 16:11:15 CDT 2011

I was in that section two weeks ago (Deception Pass area), and spent many miles wandering in snow.  I lost the trail many times, but kept going forward  I also found miles of snow-free trail, lots of water, and wonderful views.  One dangerous snow-bound section to the north of Snoqualmie Pass is the Chickamen Mtn traverse.  If it is ealy morning and hard snow / icy, it is possible to take a fatal fall (I almost did 2008).