[pct-l] Download Waypoints to GPS at public computers

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Thu Jun 23 20:30:38 CDT 2011

Hi, All:

What is the solution to this: I have a Garmin etrex Vista HcX and have a
limit on the number of waypoints I can download at one time. I have the
waypoints on a thumb drive in GPX format, but cannot download them to
the GPS on public computers that you find in libraries in towns along
the hike because they do not allow downloading of software like Garmin's
Trip and Waypoint manager which seems to be necessary to download the
additional waypoints (after I have deleted the ones I no longer need). I
can't afford to buy a more expensive GPS that will hold more waypoints.
Any solutions?

Thanks.

--Fireweed