[pct-l] New Hiker Hostel in Chester

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:34:52 CDT 2011

I knew that Chester, at the halfway point on the PCT, is hiker friendly, but
they've gone another step.  The Chester Manor, which used to be a motel,
then offices, has reopened as a hiker hostel catering to PCT hikers.  I had
a tour of the place this morning.  There are double rooms (2 bedrooms with a
queen in each) and single rooms (1 queen).  There is a laundry room with
coin operated machines.  There's a common room with a sofa and tv and a
fully equipped kitchen.  There's a private patio with lawn furniture and a
hot tub that's not hooked up yet.  Laura, who was showing me around, kept
apologizing for the fact that things are still being set up since the owner
decided at the last minute that this is something he should do.  There's a
bedroom off the common room that they intend to put a ping pong table in.
They will give rides back to the trail after your stay.  Rooms are $65 for a
single room, $75 for double, and $10 for each additional person up to as
many as you can fit in the room, I think.   Phone 530-258-2351.  Not as
inexpensive as the Seneca Motel, but it is centrally located near the market
and other stores on main street.

Piper's Mom