[pct-l] One last joke..

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Thu Mar 3 13:10:49 CST 2011

One last last joke.

Switchback pulled into Kennedy Meadows and went to the General Store for some hard earned beer. He sat at a table by himself. The waitress came over and asked, "What'll ya have?" Switchback replied, "Bring me three beers." The waitress came back with the three beers. Switchback drank the first beer, then the second, then the third. The waitress came by again and asked, "What else can I get for ya?" He replied, "Bring me three more beers, please." The waitress said, "You know I can bring you those beers one at a time. That way they'll say nice and cold for ya."

"Well," he said, "I usually hike with my two hiking buddies, TrailTrollop and KrustyThong. We hiked the AT together, the CDT together, and the Colorado trail together. They couldn't come on this trek, so at every town I order a beer for them and drink it for them in their honor." The waitress says, "That's real sweet," and gets him the three more beers.

After drinking the last of those three beers, Switchback gets a call. After the call he looks all down and depressed. The waitress comes by and asks, "Anything else?" He says, "Bring me two more beers, please." The waitress notices how sad he looks and notes that he only wants two beers now. "Oh no", she exclaims, "That call you got. Did one of your hiking buddies die?"

Switchback looks up at her sadly and says, "No, that was my doctors office. He wants me to give up drinking."

TrialHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln