[pct-l] campsite selection

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 24 08:31:57 CDT 2011

On the PCT I look for a flat spot. I often use one that someone else
has used before. You can tell by the four very large rocks left in a
rectangle. Somehow the sites always seem to appear just when I need one.

Here in the Santa Barbara/Ojai area I either use an established camp
or I look for a flat spot that doesn't have a trail of bear tracks in
it.