[pct-l] 10 essentials

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 24 22:47:06 CDT 2011

That's a good way to put it. That it's not a shopping list but a list
of basic capabilities.

I've always wondered about the flashlight. What if you were blind?
Those folks can climb Everest and hike the AT without any light at
all. Why am I so needy? That's why I think just a tiny flashlight is
okay. Just enough to take the edge off my helplessness.