[pct-l] OCCUPY THE KICKOFF

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 03:06:56 CST 2011

> ...at 150 finishers (2010 hikers)...

Ah, apples & oranges...  "Finishers"?
Thought we were 'talking' about 2012 ADZ kickoff - there's always more 'starters' than 'finishers' in any year...  ;-)
Point being anyone thru or section hiking the PCT is definitely not in a group of "99%" of the USA population...

No matter - whether one 'successfully' completes a thru or does not, or even if someone is 'only' section hiking the
entire trail, either attempting a thru or section hiking the PCT puts one in an extremely small and very special group
of people - and most of the other 99.9999% of the USA population don't have a clue nor any understanding of "why"
anybody would even 'want' to try to do that (but let's keep that 'our' little secret'!!)...
(comparable note: I also think it is still true that more people have climbed Mt. Everest than have thru-hiked the PCT.)

So, to our special group of 0.0001%, of which I am proud to be considered a member -
Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)