[pct-l] Kickoff

Shawn Hudson shizaquawn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:13:01 CST 2011

My wife and I would love to attend the kickoff, but won't be able to,
unfortunately ... we're leave from our teaching jobs in South Korea on
April 24th and will have a little less than a week to spend with family
before making our way out to the start.

I wonder if the Kickoff isn't too early, though, considering the snowfall?
I've read some horror stories from former hikers saying that they needed to
stay at Kennedy Meadows for two weeks. I'm sure it's a nice place, but two
weeks ... ouch. What are your opinions on this year's start date, and if
you're hiking, when are you starting? Also, what's considered to be a late
start?

- Shawn, MakingMiles.com