[pct-l] Scott Williamson on track to set a new pct record

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 19:15:50 CDT 2011

Unsupported JMT Reinhold writes: So, if any of you folks or ''Hiker Trash'' want to shake hands with the one and only  Scott Williamson, the one and only  ''King of the PCT'',  Come on out on Tuesday.  I know all records sooner or later get broken,....but I am not sure if Scott's accomplishments on the PCT will ever be equaled.....not in my life time anyhow.
Switchback replies: This is to laugh.  I will easily smash these records on my 2013 PCT thru-hike.  My pace will be blistering right out of the box from Campo.  Since Scott has set a new Yo-Yo record I will definitely beat this by a wide margin in 2013.  It won't even be close.  So, you will see it in your life-time if you are around in 2013.  But you probably won't see it because you will be on a cruise or vacation in Hawaii or some other pilgrim outing.  While we mountainmen are out impressing Mother Nature with our exploits and bravery.