[pct-l] Kcikback Campout Expedition Update

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 20:05:37 CDT 2011

Yes, it is almost time for the big expedition.  This is a final season ending opportunity for you to use your PCT gear before winter and cabin fever sets in.  Any new gear ideas can be refined and worked on over the winter.

Looks like Tuesday, October 11 will be the campout at Horseshoe Meadow Campground (10,000) and Wednesday, October 12 at Tuttle Creek Campground (5.000 feet) just outside of Lone Pine off the Horseshoe Meadow Road.  The views at both places will be fantastic.  A full moon experience is guaranteed at both locations.  Of course, there could be clouds, but the full moon will still be there.

If the road up to Horseshoe Meadow is closed next week then Tuttle Creek will be the default for both nights.  If you want to find me, my silver SUV will have licence plate that says, "Hiker."

Your obedient servant and trail knave,

Switchback the Trail Pirate