[pct-l] The unbearable lightness of being Scott Williamson

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Oct 15 20:47:01 CDT 2011

I have received several inquiries from people seeking more information
about Scott's obsession with the PCT.
My response:.......it's a  "LOVE  AFFAIR".
It reminds me a little of my obsession with the JMT.
The JMT &  the PCT are like beautiful women....and...."once bitten,
forever hooked".
I got bitten by that beautiful   "JMT Lady"  in 1996.
Scott got bitten by that beautiful  "PCT Lady"  in 1992  and we have
been  "hooked"  ever since.

Yes,......Women can be very addictive.

There have been tragic events in Scott's life which may or may not have
influenced him.
Click the below link to  "The unbearable lightness of being Scott
Williamson"  and decide fore yourself.
It is a beautiful, but sad story and very likely will choke you up or
bring tears to your eyes.
I know it gets me all choked up every time  I read it.
I am not saying that the tragic events shaped Scott's personality  or
that he is haunted by them.
To the contrary, he seems to have put them behind him.
Tragic events, however, can shape a persons personality and destiny.
In either case, Scott is the nicest and most modest person you can meet.

JMT Reinhold