[pct-l] General advice for a newcomer

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:16:39 CDT 2012

Dear malcom

I am a Japanese, repeatedly visiting JMT. Shroomer is very talkative.
He had felt discomfort when I had eaten one dozen of pancakes at the
buffet of Curry Village. My complaints is that he is not a beautiful
woman.

BTW. All the essential information is assembled in my link page.
http://bit.ly/gbBGx8 The link page is written in Japanese, but it is
written by simple Japanese, you can read them by Google translator.
The linked target is English page.

Wilderness permit reservations are available 24 weeks (168 days) from the
date of entry.  At present, all are  occupied. http://bit.ly/oCvSYT

There is no permit of JMT. The entry point of JMT is Happy
Isles->Little Yosemite Valley, another route is  Happy
Isles->Sunrise/Merced Lake (pass through). The exit point is Whitney
Portal.

At present, the reservation is full, but permit is carried out by
Quota system. http://1.usa.gov/ouXit0

The number of permit reservations of Happy Isles to Little Yosemite
Valley (LYV) is 18, but the permit of (first-come, first-served) is
12. That is, If you wait in the top of the line from the early
morning, you can get a permit. If you felt difficulty to get a permit
from the Yosemite Valley, try the permit from Lyell Canyon(
first-come, first-served 16 ).

I have heard that permit from the south is more easy, if you gave up
the summit of  Mt. Whitney.

You can get topological map from: http://www.onthetrail.org/jmtmaps.html

The public transportation from San Francisco is good. There is Amtrak
and YARTS bus.
http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage
http://www.yarts.com/
from Lone Pine http://www.estransit.com/CMS/

I usually send my re-supplies to VVR http://bit.ly/HVtowD

JMT is a very good place to spent summer holidays. Magnificent
scenery, beautiful flowers, pretty women, free English lessen.  I am
not a crazy PCTer, because they walk and walk and walk. I am just
enjoying the beautiful garden.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )