[pct-l] Don't follow my tracks

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.net
Wed Apr 4 18:33:28 CDT 2012

Glad you're all safe. We lost a hiker there a few years ago - they found him a year later.

We've also had cases of hikers blindly following footprints. One hiker got lost and followed a set of footprints to arrive at another tent at sundown. The occupant of that tent was also lost. The next day they both backtracked out.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports Socal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

"barberaj at tds.net" <barberaj at tds.net> wrote:

Just came from 151 - 179. Hit lots of snow. Ok at first because the terrain
made the trail obvious. The last 3 miles the trail is obliterated. We were
"off trail " for hours. Even with GPS, maps and compass we were seriously
challenged. GPS miles not matching map miles was part of the picture.

Alex is with me and Dan from Florida 2 days ahead. If you're close behind,
don't follow my tracks

Joe B

Joe B.

To unsubcribe, or change options visit: