[pct-l] lost hiker found

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 14:02:48 CDT 2012

I am surprised in all of this conversation I haven't heard anyone say
anything about using the SPOT Locator.    I won't go hiking without it and
now I even keep it in my car.  It allows me to ask for serious help from
rescue teams; help from my appointed contacts or advise my contacts that I
am OK.  They are not subject to tower availability but use satellites which
sometimes hide when you are under trees, but once you get into a clear area
they seem to be available.

Dennis