[pct-l] Southbound from Canada into Washington

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 20 11:37:01 CDT 2012

Purely hypothetically, what would happen if a US citizen hiker entered Canada legally at a port of entry (say the Vancouver airport), was driven to Manning, BC, then walked to the border and continued onto the PCT southward?  Does the Canadian gov't monitor entries close enough to know if someone didn't leave (or at least, didn't leave a paper trail at a c ustoms station?  Would the US gov't know if that hiker had entered from Canada instead of hiking northward from Hart's Pass, then backtracking?

I am thinking of writing a novel and using this scenario.  I would never participate in an illegal activity, nor would I encourage anyone else to do so.
Mango