[pct-l] hiking poles

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Aug 4 19:21:57 CDT 2012

Very few hikers _really_ _need_ hiking poles. Back in the good (or is it
bad) old days almost no one used poles and they hiked all over.

I now have them and use them most of the time. Main reason is they enable
me to hike faster while giving me better balance andsad usually help me
avoid a fall. Some people use old ski poles which work well. Disadvantages
are maybe slightly heavier and non-telescoping which make them more awkward
to pack on the trail when you are not using them.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.