[pct-l] Stevens Pass North

Steve Rolfe steve.rolfe at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 18:36:15 CDT 2012

As a long time Washingtonian and climber I can echo Chuck's response that
just about any weather is possible in September in the Washington Cascades,
but normally one would expect some days of very nice weather and some days
of fog, rain or snow.

The long range forecast for the NW suggests cooler and drier weather than
average.  This might bring mostly clear skies in the mountains and mostly
cloudy skies in the lowlands.  Days would be cool,  but comfortable.  Nights
could be very cool and down to freezing.  It is hard to imagine that we
won't get some rain during this period and possibly some snow in the
mountains, but it could happen.  I am planning on doing the section from
Snoqualmie Pass to Stevens Pass in Mid September.  Last year we got rained
on hard for a couple of days followed by very nice weather.  We are hoping
for better weather this year.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/30day/

Steve