[pct-l] Sawyer Squeeze follow-up

Christopher Sussman chris.sussman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:53:56 CDT 2012

Very complete review of Sawyer Squeeze from Philip Werner of
sectionhiker.com. Review is complete with video of system in action
and LOTS of follow-up comments from users:

http://sectionhiker.com/sawyer-squeeze-water-filter-system/

You CAN use Platypus bladders with a small modification:
I used Philip's suggestion of adding the pre-filter from the AquaMira
Frontier Pro. This allows one to use Platypus bladders (as has been
mentioned, the threading otherwise doesn't match up) AND the prefilter
can help reduce the need for back flushing by straing out bigger
particulates.  We still found that we got tired of squeezing, but
would definitely recommend this set up for someone using the system
for longer trips and trying to reduce the need for back flushing.

I would say that the Platypus and Evernew bladders have held up better
to the rigors of the Squeeze, but we still got pin holes around the
neck of the bladders after about a month of use. I think it is from a
combination of the pressure and crinkling/folding of the reservoirs
over and over again.