[pct-l] shoe shopping question

Fred Walters fredwalters2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 06:55:16 CST 2012

Have you considered buying larger shoes but using volume reducers for the
earlier stages of your hike.  I don't know about the US but in the UK they
are made by Superfeet (probably others as well) one type for under the
foot, the other between laces and tongue.  They are different from insoles
in that they are flat (i.e. not shaped with foot arches, etc.) and go under
your normal insole.  So you might be able to get away with larger boots and
just take out the volume reducers when you need more space.