[pct-l] SOCKS

Fred Walters fredwalters2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 04:34:50 CST 2012

In the UK we have socks called "1000 mile socks" (it's a brand and designed
for no blisters and long lasting - you can google them but its a UK
company) - which are thinner socks with a built-in liner sock - basically
the two socks but sewn together so they can in some regards be used as a
single sock.  I tried a pair and had big problems with them.  I found the
inner sock creased under my foot which after a short time became very very
painful.  I'm sure some got on fine with them (or they would never have
sold, etc.) but certainly others did no (e.g. sales assistant I talked to
when getting my last pair of boots).

Thus I always stick to a single option of socks.  Different solutions for
different people so just make sure you have tried things out.