[pct-l] Blister Wisdom: Luekotape vs. Kinesio Tex tape

Mark Nienstaedt mark.nienstaedt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:11:47 CST 2012

Hi Everybody,

So I am the guy who has had good luck with Luekotape as a blister
preventative.  Disclaimer:  I don't represent the company and am not
involved in its sale or distribution.  I does work well for me.

Eric and Sir Mixalot provide another point of view.  I can't quite conceive
of anyone's tape properly applied causing damage to socks.  I'll temper my
advice.  Prevention is the key.  Light pack weight, comfortable shoes and
socks, and some medicinal foot hygiene regimen fits that bill.  Beyond
that, arm yourself in advance with a good anti-abrasion tape that will stay
in place and not generate its own problems.  Luekotape is a medical product
and presumably tested for patient comfort.  I am not familiar with Kinesio
tape but it sounds like it is also a good product.

Blistering under the ball of the foot is very severe blistering.  I would
look to several possibilities should I fall victim to it.  Insufficiently
calloused footpadding beginning trail.  Do your fitness work now.
Improperly fitting shoes.  Ditto.  Test and break in your shoes before you
arrive on trail.

Good Luck!

Buffalo Jump Sly!