[pct-l] Snowshoes and Crampons

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Feb 24 08:25:46 CST 2012

Good morning, Alan,

’11 is shaping up to be a low show year.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/snowapp/swcchart.action

In an “average” snow year few, or no, thru-hikers carry snowshoes.  Even in
a heavy snow year snowshoes are not common, and most use mini-crampons or
other traction aids rather than full-on crampons.  We all get to chose.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/