[pct-l] Lessons from the list

Douglas Tow douglastow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:55:54 CST 2012

Good morning!

Rangers, puppies, and bear cans, oh my!

I have benefitted greatly from the posts on this list, particularly the
ones that related "what worked for me was..." and "you might consider..."

I would have otherwise worn big stiff boots.
I would never have learned of Yogi's books, or Halfmile's maps.
My water strategy would have been a train wreck.
I would have carried more junk.
I wouldn't have brought enough Ibuprofen.
I wouldn't have learned the blessings of Leukotape.
I wouldn't have been on the cutting edge of fashion with my Dirty Girls.

And, my hiker's permit came!  I knew how to get it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Doug