[pct-l] maps and books

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 8 11:03:15 CST 2012

---- Alicia Reenders <a.reenders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to use these
> books together easily?

Yes, with caution!
On a section hike this year, we saw a couple of guys go three miles out of their way chasing some phantom spring off trail. My gf and I continued
one-quarter mile further to a nice flowing creek crossing the trail, as noted in the guide book.

At the Deep Creek bridge we had a nice lunch at a picnic shelter mentioned in the guidebook, which other people missed.

I like the guidebooks, they are pretty accurate and contain useful information not found elsewhere.
But as always, HYOH

Gary