[pct-l] Sierra water sources....

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Jan 12 22:12:36 CST 2012

Good evening, Guthrie,

I hiked through the Sierras in ’07 and found all the water I could possibly
need close at hand.  I rarely carried more than a half-liter at any one
time.  The only time I could have used more was crossing Muir Pass over
several miles of snowpack.  There wasn’t much running water and much of
that was burried, being exposed only in a few difficult-to-reach places.  It’s
always possible to eat snow, but I prefer not to.  I did add snow to the
water I had in my jug, but it melts so slowly about all it did was to make
the water wonderfully cold.  All that was only a minor inconvenience.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/