[pct-l] Zip locks and boiling water

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Jan 19 14:50:43 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM,  <treerings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey
> "I pour boiling water directly into the bag
> and let it sit til moist and tender... "
>
> Please stop doing that for your health's sake. You are creating a toxic
> meal every time you do that:

Probably not.....Not all plastics are created equal.......

LDPE, the plastic that ziplocs are made from, has no known health risks.

Unlike the clear problems caused by the Bisphenol A in Polycarbonate
(Nalgene bottles) or the possible problems caused by the phthalates in
PETE (common clear water bottles)

If you want to be scared of something, don't drink or eat products
from cans. They all contain BPA from the plastic liners that were put
there to protect us from the metal of the cans...

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/can-ripper