[pct-l] Opinions about bringing dogs on PCT?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Jan 19 16:35:35 CST 2012

I ask that those of us who have been on the list for a while not roll
our virtual eyes at these same issues that keep coming up over and
over again.

Each new season brings new people to the mailing list and they will
tend to bring the same "old questions," which list members know have
bee re-hashed over and over. This is one of the downsides of a mailing
list format.

The upside, is that we have interactive conversations here between old
grizzled veterans who are sometimes bored with the whole thing, and
new starry eyed wannabee thru-hikers that bring a wonderful refreshing
energy each year. You don't get that reading a BBS. Each has its
advantages.

I welcome the discussion on this, or any other old re-hashed
topic..... Just keep it polite.

It is also interesting to see how the answers to the "old re-hashed
topics" change over the year. 10 years ago simply carrying a phone was
a controversial emotionally charged topic. Today the only charge on
that topic is how to charge the phone.

HYOH, YMMV