[pct-l] can't fly with fuel

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:37:50 CST 2012

You're at the mercy of the counter agent (if you choose to mention that
it's in your luggage) or the TSA/airline baggage inspectors (who do their
work behind the scenes without the benefit of your helpful explanation).

For example, Alaska Airline's posted list of prohibited
items<http://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/policies/baggage-checked.aspx?lid=nav%3atravelInfo-policies#prohibited>says
only that "camping gear with fuel" is prohibited. Yet I've been told
that they'll confiscate any white gas stove that's been used, supposedly
because of residual fuel vapors.

Bottom line: Youse take yer chances.