[pct-l] shuttle service around Etna or Dunsmuir

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Jul 1 09:13:06 CDT 2012

Good morning, Judson,

In 2010 I parked my car at Etna to hike north.  I asked – and received
permission – to leave the car in the non-enclosed Etna municipal parking
lot with the off-duty police cars.  It’s on the main-drag next to the
parking lot for the famous drug store – ice cream, yum.  It may also be
possible to leave a car at the hostel in Etna.

The Siskiyou Transit And General Express (STAGE)
http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/GS/StageSchedule.aspx serves Etna, and their
schedules show it also has an I-5 south route to Dunsmuir via Yreka.
http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/GS/docs/Stage_Schedules/SouthboundI5_%205-30-12.pdf

If all that is still in place, all that would remain for you is to find
your way from Dunsmuir to the trailhead at Castle Crags, which is a short
hike or a bush-league hitch.

I’ve used the STAGE several times and they are a good, reliable, and
economical carrier.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/