[pct-l] Southern Oregon snowpack

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Jul 6 13:22:37 CDT 2012

Good morning,

I hiked that same section NoBo last year in early July and the snow in her
photos looks just like what I experienced.  Thielsen Creek was totally
covered with snowpack except for about 20 yards of open water.  After that
I walked on snowpack with the GPS from one HalfMile waypoint to another.  It
got a little old after a while.  I was glad I carried traction aids.
Because of the trees the snowpack was very humpy-bumpy without much
distance on the flat.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/