[pct-l] PCT help in the LA area

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jul 6 21:39:44 CDT 2012

Your best bet is to go hike in the Sierras. You can get to Lone Pine
from Los Angeles in about 5 hours or so if you have a car. You will
not have a good time hiking at low altitude in Southern California
and there aren't enough long stretches at high altitude near Los
Angeles on the PCT to last for 10 days.