[pct-l] Halfmile map / gps help needed

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Wed Jun 6 12:23:29 CDT 2012

I can't believe I'm having this much trouble setting up a Garmin etrex 20 with Halfmile's maps & waypoints.  I have followed HM's excellent instructions up to the point of booting M apsource to load the Topo U.S. 24K W est maps o nto the microSD memory card.  When I bring up Mapsource, I get the screen in HM's instructions, but no map file is showing.

  I loaded the Topo maps from the disk onto my desktop last night, and everything seemed to go properly.  But now I can't find them!!  I have searched  through "My Documents" thoroughly but cannot find a Topo map file.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Don't worry about bruising my ego - I'm way past that.

Thanks, Mango