[pct-l] The "Lost" effect on our community

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jun 7 20:31:49 CDT 2012

I have not read the book and don't even know what year she hiked it.
I only hope she conveyed well the water situation.

What I predict is a lot more people in Campo and a whole lot of
broken dreams in Idyllwild. Kind of like now but only more pronounced.

I also predict that if it really does have an effect of bumping up
the trail population, I'll do a lot more section hiking north of
South Lake Tahoe and on the CDT. A whole lot of people drop out at
SLT. It takes a truly hardy trail person to hike through the Sierras
and realize that all that misery was actually fun.