[pct-l] Snow conditions around Stehekin

tokencivilian at yahoo.com tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 12:18:19 CDT 2012

Andrea
If you hear from her again tell her its no better near snoqualmie.  I was out there these last couple of days scouting trail conditions for the volunteer maintenance crew.

There are extended sections of the trail with solid 2-3 feet of snow.  Navigation is difficult in places in the checkerboard clear cuts south of snoqualmie.  This isn't the same as being out in the open in the high sierra in snow.

The upside is that from the trail that I managed to cover it appears that there is less blowdown than last year.  I suspect the trail will be clear in time for typical thru hikers unlike last year where it was never fully cleared before winter set in.