[pct-l] Leave no Trace

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 00:01:49 CST 2012

I'm glad you posted that QuincyRider. BCH volunteers work on PCT maintenance and trail improvement projects all along the PCT. Working with PCTA volunteers and other volunteers, we have recently completed what became a seven day project in Vasquez Rocks Park.

Also, check out the article entitled "Partners in the Pinchot" in the current issue of the COMMUNICATOR, written by Doc Wesselius of BCHW. During my 2009 ride, Doc gave me a lot of needed trail information on a Washington Section that he is very familiar with.

During my 2008 PCT ride I visited the BCH (Shasta-Trinity Unit) camp on Section O. They were doing trail clearing work and also supporting about 100 Boy Scouts who were working on several parts of that Section that were badly in need of improvement.

Then, also in 2008, I was helped by John Lyons of the BCHC "Top of the State" unit. His volunteer trail crew is called the "Lyons Pride". John lives in Etna and his ranch is the "Lyons Den". They work on projects north of Castle Crags and up as far as the Oregon border.

We, who hike and ride on the PCT appreciate all the volunteer trail work done by the Back Country Horsemen.

MendoRider-Hiker, BCHC 'Antelope Valley Unit".