[pct-l] Bear Creek Crossing 2010

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Mar 16 10:22:22 CDT 2012

Good morning,

Except for the obvious screw-up of not protecting his maps before crossing,
in my opinion, Fuzzy Monkey did (almost) everything right.  He steadied
himself with one pole upstream while probing with the other pole.  He
tended to face the far bank, thereby presenting the width of only one leg
to the current, but he did occasionally turn upstream to expose both legs
to current.  http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=265511

One can probably see in the video that if he had been crossing with a
partner immediately downstream of him, not only would the partner feel much
less current, but the partner could also have steadied Fuzzy as he took
steps.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/