[pct-l] Bear Creek Crossing 2010

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:35:23 CDT 2012

The crossing at Bear Creek occurred at 9:32 AM on June 25, 2010.  I have crossed this exact creek in 97, 04 and 10 at around the same time of year.  In 2010 it was the hardest to cross.  Thru-hikers this year will most likely see an easier crossing at Bear Creek due to the lack of snow.  In 97 and 04 I walked across without any problem.. I expect the same this year.   To put things in perspective in 04 I was at Bear Creek when 10 year old Scrambler (the youngest PCT thru-hiker) crossed.  She didn't have a problem at all...but if hikers see conditions similar to the video I recommend taking the 15-20 minutes to find a safer crossing.

Happy Hiking,

Paul

HikeThru.com