[pct-l] Bear Creek Crossing 2010

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Wed Mar 21 01:45:00 CDT 2012

Waiting to cross a raging creek from a possible afternoon crossing to one
the next morning is the best advice.

However, when thrus hike in a group of mixed abilities and wisdom,
oftentimes group members differ on when to cross, the able move on and
cross, and the inexperienced have to suffer the trial of making it across
when it isn't the safest for their ability and experience level at the time.
This results in a hasty crossing and dangerous decisions along the way. A
fall is likely to happen.

The unity of the group is not as important as your life. No one should cross
until all have discussed it. If you are not prepared or experienced in such
a nasty crossing, don't do it! You'll catch up with your group later...

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150