[pct-l] Oregon Section Hikers

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:45:36 CDT 2012

Chipmunk wrote:

As far as starting, it depends on how important it is to you to hit the
border. We started at the Grouse Gap Shelter by Mt Ashland ski resort
because it had fairly good roads and our friend felt OK taking her car on
them, but we missed the first 17 miles of trail.

The trail between the state border and Ashland is nothing particularly
special and it's totally fine to miss it unless getting the *whole* state is
important to you.  You could easily start at I-5 northbound and not miss
anything interesting.

Eric