[pct-l] Arch-Angel: Update

Jason M. jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 05:28:39 CDT 2012

Update: It’s official; I’m a Section Hiker again. Steve Climber and I saw
off Molasses from the Burger King in Cabazon. She headed back into the
desert to pursue her dream of a pure thru-hike. There was no time to watch
my gal fade into the shimmering heat of the day; we had our own road to
travel.
We set a fast pace to reach the bus stop before 2:45, dodging traffic on
the overpass and darting across the median, reaching the corner just in
time to hop our first hitch north.
Re-entering the “world” is often sketchy for me under normal circumstances.
But less than 13 hours before the three of us were walking into the Black
Mountain Campground in the blue-gray moonlight, now we were headed into the
bowels of the beast, so to speak. I won’t say that I enjoyed the day but I
will say that having Climber along was an immense asset to my sanity.
Later, wishing an update, I plugged the phone into the power outlet on the
Metro Link headed for Union Station. I tapped my foot anxiously until the
battery charged enough to reboot. Seeing that the fundraiser had topped
$1,000 made my day seem worth the effort. Four busses, a taxi, a train and
an Angel chauffeured ride into Green Valley later - we’re here: Casa de
Luna by midnight.
Tomorrow we will borrow VirGo’s car (Thank’s Brother!) and head over to
L-Rods to lend a hand setting up the tents and cots. After a day or two we
will return to the Casa, park the car and finish helping Momma T with some
yard work and the next day begin our journey north to Old Station. My rig
is parked at Tom’s in Kennedy Meadows and as soon as we can arrange
transportation we’ll grab the truck and roll on up the 395. We hope to
arrive by Friday the 18th and can be on-sight until the 24th or 25th.
We have room for three more volunteers in my SUV, so if ya want to come
along to Angel ‘n Angel, you are welcome. Food and gas for the week will be
deducted from the Fundrazr account (only the basics will be covered, you
cover anything not related to helping FireFly).We are keeping meticulous
record of all expenses and will post our receipts to the public, at the end
of the project, so that y’all can see how your donations are being applied.
I assure you, all money raised by this fundraiser will be applied to
helping our support network cope with the ever increasing number of hikers
hitting the trail each year.
It is our hope that the fundraiser that we held in March to replace L-Rod’s
washtub and this general purpose donation page will be the catalyst for a
larger effort to rally support in these hard times. The number of Hikers
has increased significantly over the past five years. If we sit by and
quietly watch as our Angels become crushed by this year’s herd, how many
will still be hosting hikers next year? This is a chance to do
something…help us protect our trail and strengthen our family. Without our
Angels the PCT is just another line in the dirt. The PCT is what it is
because of people like FireFly. Give us a hand…you won’t regret it.
Jackass
Project Manager: Arch-Angel
Wolverines of the PCT

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffundrazr.c
om%2Fcampaigns%2F3J6p8%23.T6yxa29K8zQ.mailto&h=MAQHEbgBWAQH7
9KbJutfpBXfEIuRNZAEpDk8RFbuRYtl_lg
<http://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3J6p8#.T6yxa29K8zQ.mailto>
*Wolverines of the PCT: Trail Angel
Fundraiser<http://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3J6p8#.T6yxa29K8zQ.mailto>
<http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/fundrazr.com?pip=false&premium=false&client_uid=241187452&client_ver=3.4.1.195&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=true&aff_id=662-1&locale=en_us&ui=1&os_ver=6.1.0.0&ref=safesearch>
*
fundrazr.com
The Wolverinens are raising funds to help support the Pacific Crest Trail
volunteers who provide free services to the trail community each hiking
season. This fund will only be used to aid Trail Angels who may need
assistance to continue their efforts to provide vital services. Please help
us to giv...