[pct-l] Last Thru Hikers

Brett Fisher brett at wanderabout.org
Thu Nov 1 20:57:45 CDT 2012

Dances With Lizards and Silent D are leaving Steven's Pass today still
heading to Canada. They plan to stop at Holden Village to visit friends
and dry out in 6-7 days. Then in Stehekin to also visit a friend and dry
out. Then walking to the border.

Dances With Lizards has worked three seasons on backcountry trail crew
for the Forest Service in the Glacier Peak Wilderness area in the North
Cascades. She says she feels like she's walking home. She has been in
rain and snow in these mountains before.

They are being extra cautious, planning bail routes, and all that. So
far, weather forecasts say they will continue to walk in rain and a few
inches of snow now and then like they have been for the past couple of
weeks.

They will be keeping an eye out for I'm Fine and Gonzo, both of whom we
met on the trail back in June.

I'm posting here asking for good trail thoughts and prayers to be sent
their way.

- Backtrack