[pct-l] I'm Fine

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 4 00:59:39 CDT 2012

Devon wrote:

It's 98 miles from Stevens Pass to Stehekin, right? Three days seems really
aggressive for that kind of mileage through that kind of country with snow
on the trail (probably), and with as few hours of daylight as there are in
late October. Interesting indeed! Details! I want details!

According to the news article, when he was last seen 8 miles south of
Glacier Peak (~40 miles north of Stevens Pass) he told someone he intended
to be in Stehekin in three days from that point which would have been a very
normal pace.  I have no idea how a person would take a total of 14 or 15
days in the rather poor weather we've had the last two weeks to travel ~60
miles then show up not dead and apparently not even injured.  Maybe he
bailed out somewhere along the way and holed up in a motel for a week and a
half, except that there aren't any really convenient bailout points on that
stretch of trail.  I dunno - it's a headscratcher.

Eric